Monday 14 January 2013

Giving myself time

In 2010, I thought it would be a good idea to join a SAL over here at Stitch-a-Long blog run by Chookyblue. I really enjoyed it but as I have the attention span of a very tiny gnat (not even a regular sized gnat), I found myself with many other projects on the go some months after starting.

You know, I have to shamefully admit that I still do not have that "A Gardener's Journal" quilt finished. I have no good excuse really. Oh, maybe lack of time but really, I stitch because it's what I love to do and if I don't stitch, I simply do not make any time for myself. We all need to make time to do those things we love to do besides working and being a mother, daughter, wife and more. This is a big reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders so feel free to prompt me. (smile) Blogging is another one of those things that I really enjoy doing but tend to put it off because I'm busy cleaning the house, cooking, hanging another load of laundry or working or....... well, you get the idea.

I've been following the Stitch-a-Long blog for a couple of weeks now and finding it very hard to resist joining in. After sleeping on it for a few days, I went ahead and ordered all three books that are involved in the 2013 SAL. That was an accident. I was just going to buy two of them and then .... well, I don't know what happened but I bought all three. Ha!

I'm really enjoying this "Sew Laugh Love" stitchery so I just had to buy a few more stitchery patterns. How could I resist? Clearly I couldn't.



Well because I accidentally on purpose bought those three books I knew the next step was to put in my request to join the fabulous Stitch-a-Long group and so I did. :o)

I really must dig out my old "A Gardener's Journal" blocks and work on those a little more. Oh my goodness, so many gorgeous designs to stitch. It never ends. Oh bliss!

I don't make New Year's resulotions because those resulutions don't generally last very long but I do like to think about something positive I can focus on throughout the coming year. Last year I wanted to take time to read more. I'm pretty happy with my effort there. I read quite a number of books last year. Despite my love of books, I rarely would get through more than a couple of books each year simply because I wouldn't allow myself time to sit and read. This may sound silly to some of you but I bet there's a few that can relate.

Well this year is my year of stitching. I won't put too much pressure on myself with strict commitments but I cannot help but feel that being part of a group of like minded souls to be very motivating. At the very least, I will have focused on allowing myself more stitching time and that can only be a good thing... for me and all those closest to me as well.

I wonder how I'll feel about my stitching progress next New Year's eve?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you went for this -- it's wonderful! I love what you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, its a conspiracy...this is the 3rd Blog this morning with Sew, Laugh, Love on it....guess what i now have to start today...Im sure its in my stash...Oh Dear!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your idea of focusing on something in the year is a good one. Which was your favourite read from last year?

    ReplyDelete